If you don’t get the splash screen you usually have on Ubuntu after an upgrade to 11.04 Natty, then you need to follow the steps below, that should work for most cases and should not harm:
- Launch your Terminal: sudo apt-get install watershed startupmanager
- Launch the Startup Manager from your favorite Menu (System/Administration/Startup-Manager)
- Configure the resolution wanted and other parameters, it is very straightforward. I would tick the “Show startup splash” and “Show text” if I were you 🙂
- Click on Close, this will apply the changes.
- Just in case, run: sudo update-initramfs -u
This will update (put new drivers, configuration files, etc) your InitRamFS image, used on boot. This is where all the magic happens on boot, for everything that happens before your system is fully booted.
That should do it!
If not, then try your luck again on Google/Bing 😉