Today, I was working on a small node project. I did an npm init . followed by adding a few dependencies to my package.json
I then proceeded to run npm install and edited a simple coffee script file.
When I went to run it, I was confronted with a “Error: Cannot find module ‘merge-descriptors’” error. Quite a stubborn error at that since no matter what I did at first to my tiny script seem to change the output.
A simple npm update forced a re-check of all deps on it and solved it. I suppose went wrong with my first npm install which I didn’t see since re-doing the exact same thing with the same package.json in a different directory worked perfectly.
Oh well… 🙂